What is the ZO® 3-STEP PEEL™?
The ZO® 3-STEP PEEL™ is a highly effective treatment for the many signs of aging skin. This peel is ideal for treating Melasma, sun damage, fine lines, uneven texture, large pores, dull skin, and even acne! It is suitable for any skin type or color.
How does the ZO® 3-STEP PEEL™ work?
- Step 1 of the system is the application of the peel solution to exfoliate the skin.
- Step 2 is the application of the Stimulating Retinol Creme that works to stimulate cellular function at a deep level for collagen enhancement, firming, and wrinkle reduction.
- Step 3 is the application of the Calming Creme that works to minimize inflammation and irritation that may result from the first two steps as well as restore the moisture balance of the skin.
Most peels do a great job of exfoliating the skin; however, Step 2, the Stimulating Retinol Creme (Vitamin A) is a key factor to achieving great results.
What areas are treated with ZO® 3-STEP PEEL™?
The most common area treated is the face; however, this peel can be performed on the face, neck, chest, hands and even the arms and legs.
What are the pre-treatment protocols?
4-6 Weeks Prior to Treatment
To enhance the results of your peel, your physician should start you on a ZO® program based on your skin type. For patients with a high risk of pigmentation problems, your physician may recommend some form of bleaching and correcting creme.
5-7 days Prior to Peel
Avoid any form of laser hair removal, electrolysis, waxing or use of depilatory creams.
3-4 days Before Your Facial Peel Treatment
Discontinue the use of topical retinoids, alpha hydroxy acids, beta hydroxy acids, benzoyl peroxide, retinol and other potentially irritating products.
N.B: If you have had any procedure such as IPL, laser or microdermabrasion, avoid having a peel treatment until your skin has completely healed.
What are the post-treatment protocols?
- Don’t panic! Redness, stinging, itching, tightness, mild swelling, flaking, and peeling, are all normal reactions following a peel. The severity of these responses varies for each individual.
- Exfoliation generally will start 2-3 days after treatment and ends by approximately day 5.
- Avoid rubbing, scratching or peeling/picking the skin with your fingers while healing.
- For at least 7 to 10 days following the peel, avoid direct sun exposure to best allow your skin to fully heal. If at any time throughout the healing process direct sun exposure cannot be avoided, use Oclipse-C Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 50 protection as necessary.
Apply very lightly and gently to avoid premature exfoliation.
- Besides the Retinol Crème, do not use alpha hydroxy acids, beta hydroxy acids, benzoyl peroxide, retinoids and other potentially irritating products until the skin has fully healed.
- You should also avoid running water directly on your face while showering.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and consequent sweating until the skin has completely healed.
- Do not have any other procedures such as facials, hair removal, microdermabrasion, and lasers until the skin has fully healed.
- Once your skin has healed, return to the daily ZO® program your physician would have recommended.