What are pigmented lesions?
Pigmented lesions occur when an abundance of melanin is concentrated close to the surface of the skin. Melanin is the dark pigment present in the skin and is produced by melanocytes. Technically referred to as solar lentigines, we often refer to them as age spots. Nothing makes you feel better than seeing your freckles, sun spots, skin discoloration and age spots disappear leaving a fresher and younger looking you!
Pigmented lesion removal provides the most benefit to those with superficial benign pigmented lesions. Pigmented Lesions (also referred to as age spots, sun spots and liver spots) can be easily removed with 1-2 treatments.
Who is a candidate for MOTUS AY treatment?
Pigmented lesions removal is not for patients who have unprotected sun exposure or tanning for four weeks prior to treatment, any time during treatment, or four weeks after the course of their treatment. Laser therapy is not for those patients who have suspicious pigmented lesions or skin types IV-VI.
What are pre and post treatment protocols?
- Avoid sunless tanning, tanning beds and tanning creams for four weeks prior.
- A broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen SPF 30 or greater should be applied to the area(s) to be treated whenever exposed to the sun.
- On the day of treatment, thoroughly clean the area to be treated of any make-up, creams and lotions.
- 1 to 2 treatments may be necessary about 3 weeks apart.
- You may return to normal activities after treatment.
- Following treatment, use a broad spectrum sunscreen SPF 30 or greater daily during the course of treatments.
- Treated lesions will likely crust, then slough over the course of several days/weeks. Do not scratch or pick at crusts.
- Ointment can be applied to the areas for moisture after treatment.
Why Choose Forever Young Med Spa?
Our staff understands the importance of individual customization when performing aesthetic enhancement treatments in a medical spa setting. We take the necessary time to listen to your specific cosmetic and health-related goals before creating a treatment plan designed to safely and effectively fulfill those objectives.
Individual results may vary.